Utes are only as good as their ute trays… or that’s how the saying should go. From moving cargo to packing up your camping gear, there’s just about no limit to the utility and benefit of a robust, high quality and spacious ute tray.
The Dunn and Watson team knows everything there is to know about customising a ute tray to suit a specific application, purpose or preference. So no matter what you need or what you’re looking for, make sure to speak to us about our ute trays today.
Multiple ute trays for you to choose what’s right for you
We stock two distinct ute tray styles with particular uses and purposes in mind.
- The Dunn and Watson Tourer Tray
- The Dunn and Watson Tradie Tray
Both of these intricately fabricated tray styles come in the standard size of 1800 millimetres by 1800 millimetres. The standard weight available is approximately 120 kilograms.
The Tourer Tray is designed particularly for the camping enthusiast and people who like to travel and tour. Enjoy maximum storage space for your luggage and other equipment so you can take everything you need and want wherever you go.
Is your ute a work vehicle? Our Tradie Tray is the perfect addition to your ute. With plenty of space for all the tools, equipment and accessories you need you can add all manner of drawer and slide systems to keep all your work stuff safely and secured.
Not sure whether the Tourer or Tradier Ute Tray is right for you? Need an individualised tray fabricated to your specific requirements? We can do that for you! Just get in touch with the Dunn and Watson team and we’ll quote you for a custom-built tray that is specifically designed for your particular application.
Dunn and Watson – the best ute trays in Australia
All of our ute trays are fabricated by our Aussie-operated team right here in Australia. Because we fabricate onsite, we can guarantee absolute quality control. When it comes to durability and functionality, our trays operate to the highest of national and international standards.
Using tough 3.0 millimetre and 4.0 millimetre aluminium, you can rest assured that your ute tray will be able to keep up with your touring or work no matter where you go. Long-lasting, highly resistant and super strong, there’s nothing like an aluminium tray as the perfect complementary addition to your canopy.
Why do we use high grade aluminium over steel?
- Aluminium is a lot lighter than steel without having to compromise on strength or durability. This means less weight for your vehicle to tow and less pressure on your ute.
- Another benefit of aluminium is its flexibility in fabrication. This allows our team to manufacture trays to tailored designs as part of our custom fabrication offering.
- Aluminium is highly corrosion resistant. As a tradie or tourer, you’re likely to see your fair share of rain, wet and moisture. That’s why we choose high grade aluminium over steel.
- Steel can create sparks in certain situations whereas aluminium is non-flammable and efficient thermal conductors.
Durable and high weight capacity
Our range of trays are designed and manufactured with practicality in mind. We test every fabrication to ensure that they are built to be durable and heavy duty no matter how much they’re used. Plus, with a high weight bearing capacity (able to hold up to 227 kilograms) you’ll enjoy all of the support you need.
Stainless steel fixtures
From high quality stainless steel strap hinges, to gudgeons and nylon bushes built for heavy use, there’s no doubt that our ute trays are the smart investment to make when you’re custom fitting out your ute.
Waterproof and dust proof
Thanks to the well designed pinchweld seal your ute tray is completely waterproof and dust proof. Enjoy peace of mind knowing that no matter where you go, the interior of your tray and its contents will be completely protected.
Rear facing hinge design
It’s not just about function, of course. Our black rear facing hinge is designed to look great and sit flush against the rest of the back of the tray. Functional, stylish and smart – it’s the best of everything!
Multiple coating options
Whether you prefer a powder coating or a spray paint coating, we can do it! All of our ute trays are available in both coating options. Of course, if you’re not sure which is right for you and your application, feel free to call the Dunn and Watson team today.
There’s a ton of extra, handy little features to our range of trays.
- MAXILAMP lights – enjoy high quality and long-lasting lights to help you see whatever you need to no matter what time of the day or night it is.
- Locks – our trays come with your choice of lock type. We stock a variety of different types, each suitable to different requirements and preferences.
- Additional features include custom headboards, double tapered side boxes, under tray drawers and a whole lot more!
Don’t wait – order your ute tray today!
There are a ton of good reasons why you should get your ute trays from us at Dunn and Watson.
- Get advice from the unrivalled experts in all things ute and vehicle customisation and fit outs.
- We’re completely Australian owned and operated.
- Select from the largest range of accessories and vehicle parts in Australia.
- You can enjoy provide custom fabrication jobs tailored to your needs.
- Save more with industry-leading prices.
- Choose from a number of buy-now-pay-later options.