Light duty 35kg Locking Drawer Slides with lock in feature. These locking drawer slides are very popular in the manufacture of light drawers for toolbox inserts or small cutlery drawers. Drawer slides are available in lengths 250mm to 600mm.
Light duty 35kg drawer slides that are a very useful all around drawer runner. Weight capacity works well with most applications. Lock in feature makes this draw slide useful just about anywhere as the slide holds its position when its shut, this is great as it eliminates the need for a lock on drawer face.
* Available in lengths 250mm – 600mm
* Zinc Plated
* Full Extension
* Locking leaver adds 25mm to overall closed length
* Weight rating based on 500mm square drawer
Everything you need to know about 35kg Locking Drawer Slides
The Dunn & Watson 35kg Locking Drawer Slides are ideal for lightweight applications, such as small drawers in caravans and camper trailers. They are also perfect for small toolboxes and cutlery drawers and any drawer system or box that requires no more than a 35kg weight capacity.
One of the great features of these slides is that they come with a full extension that enables you to easily reach items that might be at the back of the drawer. This means that you don’t need to struggle to reach these items, because you can open the drawer to its full length. Another awesome feature is that they lock in the closed position only. This means that they won’t start sliding open when you drive or park on a hill.
You can also check out other locking drawer slides with a higher weight capacity:
What sizes are available?
These 35kg Locking Drawer Slides are available in 250mm to 600mm closed lengths and extensions (see chart below). This means that if you select a 250mm closed length slide it will also fully extend 250mm. However, the longer the closed lengths and extensions, the lower the weight capacity of the slides. For example, the weight capacity of the 250mm drawer slides mentioned above is 35kg, but that reduces to 30kg if you select the 600mm closed length and extension slides. So you might have to compromise between the length of extension you want and the actual weight capacity of the slides.
Another point to note is that these locking drawer slides have a trigger lever on their front ends that adds an additional 25mm to the actual lengths. So when you are measuring your toolbox or drawer system to select the right size slides, you’ll need to add 25mm to your final figures. There’s a range of different sizes available (as noted above) however, if you can’t see a size that’s right for your job, just give us a call and we can customise a pair of drawer slides to suit your exact needs.
Features of our 35kg Locking Drawer Slides
- Available in closed lengths and extensions from 250mm to 600mm.
- These slides are zinc plated and provide a full 100% extension.
- Please add 25mm to your measurements for the locking trigger lever.
- The weight rating is based on a 500mm square drawer.
- Each purchase contains a PAIR of 35kg Locking Drawer Slides.
Why do I need 35kg Locking Drawer Slides?
As mentioned above, these locking drawer slides are perfect for lightweight applications where you don’t need a huge weight capacity. They are also ideal if your space is very limited but you still need a drawer system to organise your camping gear or tools. The locking feature is very popular because it ensures that the drawers are locked in the fully closed position only. This is a great safety factor, but it might not be something that you need.
In this case, you can opt for our non-locking drawer slides that can still be locked with a key. This means that if you haven’t key locked these drawers closed they can swing open during transit and potentially damage your gear. Also, if you’re parked on a slope, they can suddenly swing open, causing injury to anyone in the vicinity. So our locking 35kg Locking Drawer Slides are the best option for many applications. However, there is one instance when they can’t be used and that’s when your drawers have a front fascia, because there’s no room for a trigger lever to operate the locking feature.
Operating these locking drawers is very easy, because you just need to press the trigger levers, located at the front end of each slide and pull the drawer open. It’s important to remember that the locking feature only works if the drawer is completely closed, so always check before you walk away.
Tips for ordering the right size drawer slides
There are three factors that you need to consider before ordering your drawer slides: depth of the space available, the percentage of the drawer’s extension and what you’ll be storing in these drawers.
- Depth of available space: Due to the additional 25mm required for the trigger levers of these locking drawers, you need to carefully measure your available space. So for example, if the depth of the space for your drawers is 400mm, then a 400mm drawer slide will be too big. That’s because when you include the additional 25mm required for the levers (totalling 425mm), you will need the 350mm slides (totalling 375mm), not the 400mm slides.
- Percentage of extension: The recommended minimal extension for these drawers is 70%, because you need to easily get at items that might be at the back of the drawers. Any less than a 70% extension will mean that you will struggle to reach into the rear of the drawer (our locking drawer slides give you a 100% extension). Don’t forget, however, that the longer the extension, the lower the weight capacity of the slides (as mentioned above).
- Storage items: Given that you might be storing small items in these drawers, we have recommended a minimum 70% extension. However, if you are storing large items, you might be able to opt for a smaller extension, because you can simply lift out the items from the front of the drawer. So whilst you might have enough space for drawer slides that are 800mm in length, you might opt for shorter 35kg Locking Drawer Slides, because you don’t need to access the rear of these drawers.
To recap, these 35kg Locking Drawer Slides are ideal for drawer systems that don’t need a large carrying capacity, such as cutlery, clothes, packaged foods and other lightweight items. They are available in a number of sizes and extensions (all extensions are 100%) and eliminate the need for a front fascia or a key lock on the drawers.