There a few simple things you can do to ensure you get the most out of your gas struts. Let’s get things started with three simple things you can do to help increase the life of your struts. Do’s:
- Make sure your struts are installed correct way up
- Try to use ball studs when possible to avoid side loading from your struts
- Make sure strut fittings are fully screwed on to prevent thread braking off during operation
- Make sure you don’t chip or scratch strut shaft
- Never puncture the strut’s cylinder or expose to excessive heat
- Don’t apply any external lubricants to the gas strut shaft as it can degrade internal lubricants.
So there it is a few simple Do’s & Don’ts for your gas struts for doors, I hope this has been helpful. If you are wondering where to buy gas struts be sure to view our full range of struts please visit our website https://dunnandwatson.com.au/gas-struts-2/ or you can buy online at https://trailerpartsdirect.com.au/gas-struts-accessories/