There a few simple things you can do to ensure you get the most out of your gas struts
. Let’s get things started with three simple things you can do to help increase the life of your struts.
- Make sure your gas struts are installed correct way up
- Try to use ball studs when possible to avoid side loading from your struts
- Make sure strut fittings are fully screwed on to prevent thread braking off during operation
- Make sure you don’t chip or scratch gas strut shaft
- Never puncture gas strut cylinder or expose to excessive heat
- Don’t apply any external lubricants to the gas strut shaft as it can degrade internal lubricants.
So there it is a few simple Do’s & Don’ts for your gas struts, I hope this has been helpful. Too see our full range of gas struts please visit our website https://dunnandwatson.com.au/gas-struts-2/
or you can buy online at https://trailerpartsdirect.com.au/gas-struts-accessories/