If you are new to the world of caravans you will probably be avidly exploring all the latest caravan lights and accessories for your next trip. After all, one of the reasons you purchased a caravan was so that you could be comfortable on your trips, so it makes sense to ensure that you have everything you need for your new home away from home.
To help you make the most of your next weekend escape, here are 7 caravan accessories that are worth investigating.
- Towing mirrors: Due to the width of your new caravan, overtaking can be quite dangerous simply because your view of traffic is going to be impeded by the bulk of your caravan. This means that one of the very first caravan accessories you need to purchase are towing mirrors that can either be permanently attached to your vehicle or only used when towing.
- Weight distribution devices: Towing a caravan can be dangerous due to the weight distribution between your vehicle and the caravan that can cause the ‘van to move sideways. A weight distribution device that is fitted to the coupling between the two vehicles solves this problem and should be at the top of your list for essential caravan accessories.
- Awnings: Even with the shade offered by a caravan, you will always need some additional shade so you can sit outside and watch the sunset! You can purchase awnings that are fitted to the side of your caravan and can be pulled out and put away easily.
- Solar panels: There are few campers who venture out without a solar panel or the newer solar blankets. These are fabulous caravan accessories that give you additional power over and above that provided by a deep cell battery; power that is needed to recharge your smartphones and tablets, but can also be used for your fridge/freezer, lights and other gadgets.
- Reversing cameras: Trying to reverse a caravan can be difficult at the best of times, but if you are a novice caravanner, it can be next to impossible. Attaching a reversing camera to the back of your caravan makes you look like a professional immediately, amazing yourself as well as anyone who is watching you reverse and expecting you to make a mess of it!
- 12V caravan lights: 12-volt LED lights can take your upcoming camping escape to the next level. No more trying to cook by the light of a lantern. These easily installed lights can be added to a caravan, canopy, vehicle, or awning and provides reliable and strong extra lighting.
- Dual battery: If you’re already kitted out with a fridge, fan, or caravan lights, a dual battery setup allows you to run an independent power source from your main battery. It’ll charge while you drive as well (or when the engine runs) and offers tons of power without risking your main battery going flat.